GCPHD No Comments

Immunization clinic logo

Childhood vaccinations are required by the State of Kansas to enter school, HeadStart, or daycare. In addition, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends specific vaccinations for students entering high school or college. The Geary County Health Department provides vaccine services targeted for uninsured and underinsured children. The Health Department clinics do not provide private pay vaccines to infants and pre-school children, with the exception of routine influenza vaccinations given in the fall. The Health Department offers the state funded Vaccine For Children Program where uninsured and/or underinsured infants receive free vaccinations. Children ages 4 to 18 who are uninsured and/or underinsured can receive vaccinations with a reasonable administration fee under the Kansas State Immunization Program. Both the Health Department and JCYC offer a limited selection of private pay vaccines. Please contact the Health Department or the Junction City Youth Clinic for further information.

Please see the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) Immunization Website for information about the vaccines, vaccine preventable diseases and communicable diseases.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Immunization Recommendations

Immunization: Childhood 0 – 6 yrs

Immunization: 7 – 18 yrs

Immunization: Adult

Immunizations Clinic FAQ’s

Are Immunizations Safe?
Vaccines sometimes cause mild side effects such as soreness or swelling at the vaccination site. Concerned parents, guardians, or adult recipients of shots experiencing unusual side effects or reactions should immediately call the Health Department, their private doctor, or the Geary Community Hospital emergency room for advice. Comprehensive studies have found no link between immunization and conditions such as autism spectrum disorder.
Please visist the CDC website for information on vaccine safety

How can I get my child’s shot records?

Parents or legal guardians can obtain immunization records by visiting the Health Department or the Junction City Youth Clinic and signing a medical information release form. You may also request a copy from the school nurse if your child is already a student in USD 475.

Who needs immunizations?

  • Everybody! Please see CDC website for more information

Do you have the required shots for people who are traveling outside the United States?

The Health Department may have some vaccines that are required for overseas travel; however there are many that are not kept in stock. Therefore, the Health Department refers international travelers requiring vaccinations to the Riley County Health Department or the Salina Health Department.

Salina-Saline County Health Department
125 W. Elm St.
Salina, KS 67401
Phone: (785) 826-6602
Riley County-Manhattan Health Department
2030 Tecumseh Rd
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
Phone: (785) 776-4779


Walk-in Hours for Immunizations:

Geary County Health Department Walk-in Hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00AM to 4:00 PM
                 Friday 8:00AM to 2:00 PM